Let the STARS Shine!
A donation to the STARS (SCHOOL TEACHERS ARE REALLY SPECIAL!) program accomplishes two things at once:
- Lets teachers and staff know that you think they are STARS.
- Helps fund amazing school enrichment projects in the arts, sciences, math, literacy, staff development and more!
What it is:
STARS is a program of Arlington Education Foundation, Inc., a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization run by parents and educators, funded solely by generous donations from Arlington community members. AEF is dedicated to enriching and augmenting the education provided by the Arlington Public Schools. AEF is not directly affiliated with the Arlington Public Schools.
How it works:
Make a donation. Teachers will receive a certificate that they have been honored with a gift in their name (the amount of the gift is not noted on the card). Whether you give $20 or $100, the message to the teachers remains the same: We’re grateful for all you do for our children! A minimum $15 donation per teacher is requested. You will receive a receipt for your tax-deductible donation.
STAR of the Year:
The Ottoson Middle School and Arlington High School teacher who receives the most STARS nominations will be honored with a special certificate announcing that they are our STAR of the Year!
AEF’s Arlington High School and Ottoson Middle School STARS of the year:
- Alison Sancinito, Ottoson Middle School, 6th Grade History
- Justin Bourassa, Arlington High School, English
- Nicole Eidson, AHS English
- Greg Condakes (aka Ringo Starr below), Ottoson Music*
- Stefanie Carlson, 8th Grade Math*
(*For the first time ever, we had a tie for Ottoson Teacher of the Year)
- Nanta Hardesty – Ottoson Middle School English Teacher
- Justin Bourassa – Arlington High School English Teacher
- Cassandra Mea, Ottoson Middle School, World Languages
- Sabato D’Agostino, Director of Arlington High School Jazz Band, Orchestra and Symphonic Band
- Judith Packer, Ottoson Middle School 8th Grade English Teacher (read Ms. Packer’s ‘Ode to AEF’ poem)
- Lindsey McPherson, Arlington High School Math Teacher