The AEF Board has committed to awarding $200,000 over the next three years to support the district’s ‘Safe & Supportive Schools‘ initiative to create a comprehensive behavioral health program. A $100,485 grant in the first year will fund:
- Youth Mental Health First Aid training for 300 staff
- Ongoing work on ‘Safe & Supportive Schools’ action plans for each school
Read the press release and the Advocate article about this strategic, multi-year partnership with the Arlington Public Schools. YOU, our donors, made this grant possible. Thank you!
Contragulations to our 2018 AHS and Ottoson Star Teachers of the Year!
- Michael Byrne, Arlington High School, Drama
- Heather Mahoney, Ottoson Middle School, 6th grade English
Dr. John Lindgren, owner of Arlington Orthodontics, has always believed in the importance of education. This year, Dr. Lindgren donated $5,000 to AEF. No other business has given more to AEF in their first 3 years of business than Arlington Orthodontics. On behalf of Arlington Pubic Schools’ students and teachers – thank you Dr. Lindgren!
We recently awarded $17,540 in grants to the Arlington Public Schools.
Innovations in Education grants:
- Discovering Our Voices with Literature Circles
- Integrating Dialectical-Behavioral Therapy
- Fun & Games with Math
- Building a Multicultural Library
- Beautiful Brain — AP Psychology Conference at MIT
Continuing Scholar Awards:
- Deborah Campagna, K-5 art teacher at Stratton and Thompson Schools, “Art Retreat for Educators” at Snow Farm: The New England Craft Program.
- Liz Farese, first grade teacher at Dallin School, The Ron Clark Academy educator training
- Stacie Greenland, Visual Art specialist at Dallin and Hardy Schools, Japanese Language and Culture Level 1 course at The Boston Language Institute.
Teachers and administrators talk about 4 of our most recent grants addressing social & emotional health, World Languages and Computer Science in this Arlington Advocate article.
Two Brackett parents were awarded an Innovations in Education grant ‘Colors of STEM’ that fosters diversity awareness about prominent American people of color in the fields of STEM. Read more.
Congratulations 2018’s Trivia Bee Champs: ‘Quizzical Responsibility’ and Stratton Elementary 5th graders!
Since 2005, Dr. Carolyn Melita has invested in the teachers and students of the Arlington Public Schools. The owner of Belmont Orthodontics & Belmont Pediatric Dentistry has demonstrated that commitment by donating $5,000 to the Arlington Education Foundation for the second year in a row.
Looking for an orthodontist or dentist? Mention AEF and Dr. Melita will donate $100 to AEF (for new patients only).
Belmont Orthodontics & Belmont Pediatric Dentistry are the foundation’s single largest benefactors, having more than doubled the lifetime charitable donations of any other foundation business partner. Thank you Dr. Melita! More…
Get your silly hats ready and brush up on your trivia!
This year’s Trivia Bee will include:
- 5th grade team from each elementary school
- over 20 teams of friends & community groups
- laughter, costumes and prizes!
We recently awarded $16,928 in grants to the Arlington Public Schools in two categories: Innovations in Education and Continuing Scholar Awards. The grants will enhance teaching and learning in math, science & art and will also raise cultural diversity awareness and support the social and emotional health of students. Read the full release.